We spend a lot of time in our garage doing various activities. For many of us, it is another great activity space. It can be used for storing cars, but it can also be used as a workshop for different projects, including repairing, assembly, painting, and many more.
Therefore, poor lighting in the garage can be dangerous. A poorly lighted garage is not only difficult to work in, but it can also become a possible serious health hazard. This is why proper lighting in the garage is necessary if you want to do activities in the garage.
The best-LED garage light will turn a dark place into a brighter environment and save you from many problems. Besides that, it has also many other energy-saving benefits, you know benefits when you receive the utility bill at the end of the month.
There are many kinds of LED garage lights available in the market, that come in different shapes and sizes. So, you can choose a product from tons of lights that suits your needs. In this article, we will share everything about LED garage lights, including benefits, drawbacks, best-LED lights, and many more.
Table of Contents
What is a LED garage light?
LED light is a type of light bulb which is made up of semiconductors. It produces light when electric currents pass through it. Producing light is also the result of a one-way narrowband space (that can be seen in the picture) in which the current has to pass through.
Te LED garage lights are very effective because of the combination of anode, cathode, and semi-conductor crystals. These lights are so effective that they can last up to twenty years.
Why are LED garage lights more effective than incandescent light bulbs?
LED garage lights are more effective because they have good quality light, super effective, easy to install, and lastly, they have fewer toxins than the standard electronics used in the mobile phone. Moreover, they are usually 10 to 20 times per watt as an incandescent light.
On the other hand, when electricity flows through incandescent lights, it gets surprisingly hot because of the availability of Tungsten inside the bulb. Honestly, these lights emit more heat than light. This is why LED lights are considered more effective.
What is the lifespan of LED garage lights?
LED garage lights normally have a longer lifespan than traditional incandescent light bulbs. They last usually fifty times longer than an incandescent light bulb. On the other hand, they last around twenty times longer than halogen, and around ten times longer than a CFL. However, the brightness of the LED lights gets less and less over time.
Do LED garage lights really save money?
LED garage lights are a bit expensive, but they consume much lower energy than traditional lighting. Not only this, but their lifespan is also much more than other lightings. However, when you compare the lifespan and energy usage of LED lights with others, there’s no doubt that they will save money in the long run. Overall, it is good to use LED garage lights.
What is the energy star qualification?
The energy star qualification is an international standard set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency or United States Department of Energy United States on energy-efficient products. Electronics that have an Energy Star mark mean that they are verified and use around 30% less energy than the required US standards.
However, if the LED lighting wants to earn ENERGY STAR certification, it has to meet strict quality, efficiency, and lifetime criteria. Some of the criteria that LED lights need to meet are as follows:
- The light of the LED bulbs must be brighter or equal to the fluorescent and incandescent lights. Moreover, the light must be well distributed.
- The output of the light must remain constant over a longer time. It is only allowed to dim the light until the end of the rating life.
- The light must look consistent over time and have the best shade of color quality.
- The efficiency of LED lights must be better than fluorescent lighting.
- When the light is dim, there must be no movement.
- The light of the bulb should come on immediately when the switch is turned on.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- LED garage lights are super bright so you will feel a better indoor lighting experience.
- These lights are super bright, but they use only a little power compare to fluorescent and incandescent lights. They are highly energy-efficient which results in a lower electricity bill.
- The installation process of LED bulbs is quite simple and quick. They are easy to fix without any tool and additional wires.
- Good LED light reduces the chances of eye strain as well as accidents.
- The size of the LED bulbs is not that big, they can be easily fit in the little space of the garage.
- LED garage lights are durable and last for a long time. They can last up to 20 years.
- These lights don’t emit Ultraviolet and Infrared rays which make them perfect to use in the garage. Objects that can be sensitive to any of these rays will be safe.
- You can use LED lights even in harsh weather conditions because they are designed in such a way that they can easily handle different temperatures.
- Better LED light creates a more pleasant working environment and atmosphere.
- The major drawback of the LED garage lights is that they are a bit expensive compared to other light bulbs.
- Sometimes the LEDs can start to dim in terms of the color quality of the light.
- LED lights are also sensitive in terms of temperature. If the LED light is used in a place where the temperature rises in the vicinity, it can fail more often because of it.
Some Best Led Garage Lights
As mentioned earlier, there are many types of Led Garage Lights available in the market with different prices, and features. However, in this section I’ll name the top 10 lights:
- Striker Concepts 00342 TRiLIGHT 3000L Motion-Activated
- NEBO HIGH Bright 6000 Extremely Bright Utility Light
- SANSI LED Security Lights, 18W (150Watt Incandescent Equiv.
- Clore Automotive Light-N-Carry LNC1541 Rechargeable COB LED
- SANSI LED Outdoor Motion-Activated Security Lights, 27W (200W Equiv.)
- Ontel Beyond Bright LED Ultra-Bright Garage Light
- Lithonia Lighting 15LM MVOLT 40K CPHB White Compact Pro LED High Bay
- 4-Pack LED Garage Lights, 50W LED Shop Light with 3 Ultra Bright Adjustable Panels
- 2 – Pack LED Garage Lights 80W – 6000K Garage Lights Ceiling LED
- Led Garage Lights 2 Pack 100W Garage Light LED 360 Screw-in Garage Light 5 Leaf
To conclude here, LED lights are the modern and most sustainable technology on the market in the last ten years. Installing LED garage lights is a great idea, as it has many benefits and limited drawbacks.
Installing the LED lights in the garage is very useful. Your garage will look brighter and you don’t have to pull the car out for any cleaning. You can clean as well do many other activities staying at the garage.
Moreover, LED garage lights are reliable, energy-efficient, easy to install, durable, and last for years. This is why I highly recommend you install LED lights. However, it is a bit expensive than other bulbs but is not a big issue. It lasts up to 20 years while other bulbs last only 3 to 5 years. This means its price is also a type of benefit; buy once and use it for a long time.
Lastly, we hope you find the LED garage lights guide very helpful. If you still have any questions regarding LED lights, feel free to leave a comment below. I will try my best to reply sooner as I can.